– by our student, Haaniyah Fathima
A fashion entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a fashion enterprise, venture or idea, and assumes significant accountability for the inherent risks and outcome.
Steps for a detail plan in fashion brand:
- Behave as a business, not as an artisan
- Recognise the importance of products development
- Develop the brand’s identity & support it with a marketing and communications plan
- Understand and address the challenges of production
- Develop a focused scales and distribution strategy
- Understand the importance of cash flow, funding and financing
- Secure specialist business partners
Venture of fashion brand:
Fashion entrepreneurs focus on creating networks within the fashion industry and inter-connected projects with varying aims including education, profitability and profile building. Some fashion entrepreneurs work to provide a network of knowledge share platforms, other work to address social and structural issues goals.
Core business practices for fashion entrepreneurs focus on topics such as creativity and innovation, writing business plans, raising finance, sales & marketing, and the small business management skills needed to run a creative company fashion entrepreneurs seek to deliver fashion business expertise in retail, manufacturing money and marketing.